This site was created to give expression to my passion for golf. If you find anything amazing on this site, it's thanks to the brilliant minds of the many P.G.A professionals who have helped me over the years.
If you find anything ridiculous on this site, it's because I didn't heed their advice.
Early Life Lessons
Growing up in southern Sydney, Australia I loved ball sports and played rugby league, baseball, tennis and soccer at A grade and state cup levels.
At around 8 was my first experience with golf and it soon became a passion, playing many golf tournaments and gaining lots of experience through wins and losses.
Entering the profession of golf in 1995 aged 21 with the idea of playing tournaments a love of teaching was discovered along the way.
The challenge of explaining the golf swing and watching people improve is now very enjoyable to me.
Teaching Beliefs And Concepts
- Golf is a game for everyone to enjoy!
- The first lesson with a student is the most important.
- A picture says a thousand words, but what words?
- The downswing starts from the ground up!
- Controlling the natural forces of the golf club is the most important task in the golf swing.
- People rarely improve when they have no other model but themselves, so don't re-invent the wheel.
With a passion for teaching I am a AAA rated member of the Australian Professional Golfer's Association and through experience I have developed a successful instruction system that is simple to understand and easy to implement.
In the early days I would travel to Queensland for my personal lessons, from a coach on the Gold Coast named Gary Edwin. Gary is the coach of Rod Pampling and Peter Senior to name only a few of his players.
Now with 15 years teaching experience I have worked in China, Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia giving thousands of golf lessons over the years.
All said and done I've spent over $250,000 on testing and tweaking the golf swing and my equipment over the last decade. If you think this is craziness, you're right. Fortunately, you don't need to be a guinea pig to benefit from one.
My Motto “Oh no, I haven’t failed 5,000 times. I’ve succeeded in finding 5,000 different ways that you cannot possibly build a light bulb.” (Or swing a golf club)
- Thomas A. Edison, on his progress during his quest for the incandescent electric lamp
- Moore Park School Of Golf 2011-2013* Now Sydney Golf Academy*
- Golsby Golf Instruction-Kunming China, thailand 2008- 2010
- Pro Tour Golf Learning Center - Johor Malaysia 2007-2008
- Pete's Golf Connection Canberra 2006-07
- Gary Edwin & Peter Senior Golf Academy Singapore 2002-2005
- Cronulla driving range and Hudson Park Golf Course 1999-2002
- Trainee professional from 1995-1998
Other Relevant Experience/Resources
- Owner of www.golfer.com.au Australia's Golfing Portal
- Resident Professional- Sydney Business Golf Group
- An extensive library of the world's best golf players swings
- Extensive library of the world's best teaching resources.
- Over 25 years of golf experience!
Member Australian P.G.A
Awarded Diploma of Professional Golf (1998)
Business Management Diploma (Griffith University)
- Golf Science
- Club Construction
- Rules & Ethics
- Sports Psychology